Ready to listen, to pay attention and to hear?
You know, people don’t hear until they want to hear, and until they are ready to hear.
One day, probably a friend told you something important for you that makes you click, and you said:
– Thank you for telling me this. It is a big change for me. If you told me in advance, maybe now I was far away.
– Welcome, and is not the first time I am telling you; (friend response)
– Really, because it is for the first time I am hearing?! Now it makes sense for me.
– Maybe you needed to hear at this moment in your life, and now you were open to hear and to make a change.
Sometimes we must pay more attention at what other are saying to us. We have to listen – for real!
Most of the time people don’t listen to those who talk, their minds being too busy for paying attention.
If you are doing that, then you should Stop. Give attention because you will be needed to. When you pay attention you receive attention back.
Where this ”busy to listen” came from? Well, this came from the beliefs that the person who talk is there to listen because is more important what you have to say; and guess what, the other person may have the same idea.
So if two people are at a coffee to be listen, then who is listened? I guess each person is listening to her own words, because the other one is too busy with her/his on thoughts.
Pay attention, because we are the same but individuals, and we are acting in different ways, what others want to say to us can and most of the time makes us click.
Sometimes listening others you are listening to yourself.
- Top 10 Listening Skills (monicakupfer.wordpress.com)
- Question of the Day – How Can I Become a Better Listener? (insanityofmotherhood.com)
- Talking is not Listening…. (thoughtsfromtheoutdoors.wordpress.com)
- Hearing vs. Listening – Do you think there is a difference between hearing and listening? You are right, there is! (gettingatwhatmatters.wordpress.com)